Monday, August 28, 2006

Monday News

A couple items from the day:

- Sam Hornish will run in some Busch and ARCA races next season for Penske

I can't say I'm very shocked with that.  I think it was always a matter of when, not if he decided to give stock cars a try.  Now that he has his Indy 500 it'll be sooner rather than later.

- David Ragan will drive the #50 Busch car at California

I didn't see this one coming at all.  Danny O'Quinn has been doing just fine in the series, the official reason given is that it is an equipment evaluation for Roush.  If thats the case, why not let Biffle drive one of the 50 cars and in return let Danny run a 16 or 17. 

- Mark Martin will not be in the 6 car next year

This one actually came up Saturday but it bears watching.  I find it a little fishy that Geoff Smith would say something like that on race day pretty much out of the blue.  I know a lot of people don't like the idea of Mark in the No Fear #60, but I think it would be a solid ride since it appears Mark will be running part-time next year.

- A 4th RCR team could appear in 2007

For a team that just got its shit together this year after miserable showings in 2004 and 2005, I think adding another team would be a bit premature.  However, they wouldn't be talking about it unless they possibly have a driver lined up...


Lastly, I'm making the statement right now that Marco Andretti's career path is headed somewhere beyond the IRL.  The only thing beyond the IRL outside of NASCAR would be, you guessed it... Formula 1.  I think that he'll end up over there by the time he is 25.  I hate to say it, but Marco Andretti in F1 could make me care about it.

Coming Wednesday: Chase Breakdown 4.0: Two Race Warning.

No comments: