Friday, October 20, 2006

A Bit Of A Rant...

Tell me something, why is baseball still considered a major sport?  I couldn't be less interested in the sport anymore.  Gone are the days of games being exciting to watch and the days of games being destination television.  I'm not alone either.  TV ratings are horrendous for every round of the playoffs.  The talent isn't there.  Need further proof?  TBS is going to be the big cable partner of MLB.  Yeah, TBS.  In between reruns of Everybody Loves Raymond and Friends, you can now watch MLB baseball that isn't always the Braves.  ESPN finally recognized that MLB is a ship that's taking on water.  The execs there realize that NASCAR isn't on the way down the way baseball is.  There is more money in racing than there is in baseball right now.  ESPN doesn't make these decisions lightly and they decided that the NASCAR Chase is bigger than the MLB.  I can't say I disagree.

No comments: