Sunday, October 15, 2006

Kasey Kahne Wins Bank Of America 500 For Sixth Win Of Season



Not as crazy as the Busch race Friday night, but the Bank of America 500 had its own twists and turns that made it interesting.


On the first lap Denny Hamlin was taken out of championship contention in a multi-car crash.  Actually, half the Chase field had trouble.  I felt sick after J.J. Yeley's dumbass move during the green flag pit stops.  I think Mark's head needs to be examined after his reaction to his very hard crash and the interview following.  It didn't look like him at all.  Jimmie Johnson and Kasey Kahne traded the lead for the majority of the night as they clearly had the top 2 cars in the field, just like in May.  Also just like in May, Kahne passed Johnson and drove away for the win.

I was incredibly frustrated by the run of Matt Kenseth.  I'm really worried about the last 5 races and the possiblility that he won't re-take the points lead.  On the other hand, I can't say that I am mad that Jeff Burton has done so well.  I will always respect Jeff and I have no ill will towards him.  Besides, it would really be something if pulls it out. 

Unofficial results.

Chase standings at the halfway point:
GREEN is a gain, BLACK is no change, RED is a loss; positions gained (+/-)

1. Burton  5763  (--)
2.
Kenseth  -45  (--)
3.
Harvick  -89  (+1)
4. Martin
  -102  (-1)
5.
Earnhardt Jr. -106  (+1)
6. Hamlin -137 (-1)
7.
Johnson  -146  (+1)
8.
Kahne -160  (+1)
9.
Busch -195  (+1)
10. 
Gordon  -216  (-3)

1 comment:

dave426 said...

Here comes Harvick! I wouldn't be suprised to see him put someone else in the Bush car for the last 4 and go full time Cup.