Monday, October 2, 2006

Observations | Kansas

This one's gonna be short and sweet....

- Holy crap, Jeff Burton has a 69 point lead in the Chase.  That's right, JEFF BURTON.  He certainly has an ideal position with 7 races to go.  It will be interesting to see how it shakes out when he has his bad run.

- Is Denny Hamlin really 2nd?  Also, did anyone really see him at all in the race yesterday?  He is hanging around just enough to be a factor.  Boy, wouldn't it something if he won.

- I'm picking more than likely going to pick Jeffy next week as well.  Just to seal it.

- Matt Kenseth's less than stellar finishes since NHIS have got me a little worried.  It may be my undoing after boastingly picking him to win and also calling him the Smartest Driver in NASCAR.  Bad luck happens when I pick things.  For my next trick, I'll start picking Democrats for Congress and whoever play against the Yankees in the playoffs.

- Can I be optimistic about Mark's chances yet?  No?

- And finally... has anyone ever seen a race end like that before?  I think that was the coolest thing to see with the fuel questions, the top 2 drivers running out and coasting to the line, everything about it turned an average day into an exciting finish.


Speaking of exciting finishes, Talladega's Sunday yall.  This Thursday is a special day for me as The Catfish Show will turn one year old.  I have a special planned for it, so be on the lookout.

No comments: