Thursday, October 5, 2006

One Year!

w00t!

I can't believe it's been one year since I started The Catfish Show.  So much has changed since I started this thing.  I've seen old blogs die and new blogs form, discovered so much about myself and my passion for the sport and at the same time I've come across some wonderful and interesting people that share the same love of this sport I do.

I'd like to thank a few of them now:

John Newsom, aka The Spotter:  John's the guy that pushed me to start blogging after many months of commenting on his blog.  I've known John the longest of anyone on the list here and though we do disagree at times, John's a great blogger and I have nothing but good things to say about him.

Bram from BM:  Bram is perhaps the most knowledgable person about this sport that I have ever talked to.  One year ago he was a well-respected blogger with AOL.  In late 2005 he formed Backstretch Motorsports, which if you haven't bookmarked or visit regularly, shame on you.  For the pure news of any form of racing you have to go by there.

Cristy Corle:  She was the most influential woman on my blogging; particularly when I first started and didn't know a damn thing.  She was the most amazing person to talk to and I was fortunate enough to have spent time with her.  Although we have lost touch I have nothing but good things to say about her.

Jaynelle Ramon (Track Talk):  Jaynelle is a great counter to me: she cheers for Jeff Gordon and leans left.  I admit I wasn't a fan of hers when I first found her blog but hey, she grew on me.  I always have fun commenting on her site and when possible I try to contradict her ;-) .

My boys at DSP:  My baby has always been DSP.  It isn't often you carry a network of friends from one message board to another.  I feel that the group at DSP is almost like a family because of how long we have known each other from BGN to one place to another and our steady home we currently have.  So thanks to everyone there for being who you are and helping me here.

From my humble beginnings to getting on AOL's Sports Bloggers Live and everything in between, it is everyone that reads this blog that I want to thank.  I would do this if no one were reading; but it makes me happy that my views on NASCAR mean something.

1 comment:

jayemarie24 said...

Congrats on the anniversary!