Monday, November 27, 2006

What To Do...

Reflection of the 2006 season has quickly given away to speculation for 2007.  Per usual, teams that run well in the Chase and were outside of the top 10 are quickly moved into top 10 contention while drivers in the Chase that may have stumbled or run bad are discounted immediately.  As for myself, I'm not about to pick a top 10 - way too early for that (and if possible, not at all).  Of the drivers outside looking to make it back in, I of course think Tony Stewart is a mortal lock.  After him I think Greg Biffle, Carl Edwards, Kurt Busch, and Casey Mears all stand excellent shots.  I think Mears could have a big year in 2007.  There is guarenteed to be one more open spot with Mark Martin running a part-time deal in the 01 and the promise from Brian France that more drivers will be eligible for the championship.  Even still I think Jeff Burton and Denny Hamlin are kind of iffy.  I know what you're saying: "Hamlin finished 3rd he was a rookie he is a great driver" but everyone said the same thing about Carl Edwards one year ago and look what happened.  It says nothing about Hamlin as a driver or the team itself but I'm borrowing the "luck bank" theory from DW.  I think that the 11 team turned a lot of decent runs into great runs and the opposite could happen in '07.  Just a feeling.

Later on this week my own list - the list of unresolved questions heading into 2007.

No comments: