Friday, January 26, 2007

Another Reason I Love Jack Roush

During the Nextel Cup media tour Jack was asked about Toyota, which he has been a critic of for over a year now.  The AP article here, and some selected quotes:

"preparing myself for siege"

"I expect to hand Toyota their head over the short term"

"Nobody's frightened, we're going to go to war with them, and they should give us their best shot"

"Toyota will not find that the established teams and manufacturerswill wither in their path, as has been the case where they have triedto engage elsewhere"

"Did I say I was scared?  I don't back away from a fight.''



My stance has always been that I don't think Toyota coming in is as big a deal as Jack thinks.  What I admire, though, is that Jack will cut through the politically-correct bullshit and tell people how he feels.  It's kind of refreshing, even if you don't agree with him. 

No comments: