Friday, April 27, 2007

Sweet, Sweet Talladega

Every year when I'm out amongst other race fans, I often get asked why I love plate racing. The answer is simple: it's something different. I love the strategy of plate races. You can't deny its just a cool visual seeing the cars packed together and using the draft. More to the point, it's only 4 times a year of this, which is just enough. I love Talladega.

A quick rundown of the racing going on at Talladega and Kansas this week:

The Busch Series and Cup Series are both in Talladega, both races are can't-miss. The storylines are numberous... Jeff Gordon, Brian Vickers returns to the track of his first career win, the pavement has some age, NASCAR changes the plates for the Busch Series, and the over/under on Tony Stewart pit-road speeding "penalties" is currently at 4.


The strange combination of ARCA, Craftsman Trucks, and IRL descend on the Kansas Speedway. The ARCA race will run today at 5 on SPEED, and Mike Skinner goes for 4 in a row Saturday. The IRL will run their final race before the Indy 500 Sunday. My prediction: Marco Andretti gets his first oval win.

No comments: