Monday, September 3, 2007

I Lost All Respect For Scott Dixon Sunday...

No amount of replays, press releases, or interviews will change what I saw with my own two eyes at the IRL's penultimate race of the 2007 season at Belle Isle. Scott Dixon backed into Dario Franchitti on the last lap after his collision with Buddy Rice, trying his best to take out Franchitti and trying to keep him from gaining what would should have been a runner-up finish. I'm not the only one who saw it that way, and I hope the IRL does something about Dixon's actions. I used to like Dixon. Now, I'm pulling harder than ever for Franchitti to win the race at Chicagoland next week and win the IRL championship over Dixon.

On one side note, doesn't real drama beat manufactured drama any day of the week?

2 comments:

Cheyenne said...

Thank you...I totally agree with your observation. They can play it over a thousand times and it still turns out the same. He backed into him.

vroom said...

Yep...Scotty beamed that space car right into Mr. Spock (Dario)!