Saturday, September 29, 2007

Is A.J. Allmendinger Trying To Tell Us Something?

Hmm... I think I'll go with no comment on that one.

The Kansas Busch race was actually pretty entertaining, if for nothing other than the difficulty a lot of drivers had in keeping their cars off the wall. I've been kind of down on Kansas, but I don't know, maybe they're trying to earn their keep in the Chase. Kyle Busch and Matt Kenseth put on a good little show at the end with Busch edging Kenseth at the line. The back-and-forth battle between Denny Hamlin and Paul Menard was amusing to watch as well. Menard's more talented than his finishes would indicate and I think next year he might be able to show some marked improvement. I did pick him to win ROTY and pretty clearly ain't gonna happen. After the "pony car" trial balloon a few weeks ago we're getting more information about the future of The Series Soon to be Formerly Known as the Busch Series. Instead of wings the cars will continue to use spoilers. I think if NASCAR were truly serious about cost containment and trying to help the teams, they should put their money where their mouth is and buy the current cars from the teams as a trade off to building the new cars. If NASCAR were willing to do that, I could buy them looking out for the teams.

Tomorrow, the big news is that Jimmie Johnson will start at the back of the field after claiming the pole in qualifying. He'll make it up, though. The #48 team has a habit (to my chagrin) of doing that. Gordon, Kenseth, and the Busch bros. should also be stout. I'm still keeping the faith that the Biff can get a win this year and this is as good a place as any for that to happen. You also will hear plenty about Bowyer and Edwards, each calling Kansas their home track and the duo have won the first two races of the Chase. It might come down to them tomorrow. My pick, though, is Tony Stewart. He's getting ornery again, and no one performs better under scrutiny than Smoke.

2 comments:

vroom said...

The old (ornery) Smoke is back...

Brinton said...

It looks as though Biff is back.