Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Yes Yes, I Know

So it only took me a week to come back to my blogging duties. Actually, I was on fall break at the end of last week and the beginning of this week and took the opportunity to sit back and enjoy racing the way I used to - just on TV, no internet. Did everyone enjoy the UAW-Single File Racing 500? NASCAR needs to find a way to get the cars racing at Talladega again, because this single file running the high line for 3/4ths of the race is about as fun as watching an F1 race, complete with seeing Jacques Villeneuve running at the back with damage. I'll even give Jeff Gordon his due, I thought it was a gutsy move jumping out in front of a charging Tony Stewart to pass Jimmie there on the last lap. Tony really knocked the hell out of Jeff and that was the difference. The open wheel drivers made solid debuts, some better than others. I'll tell you something - it's gonna fun watching Dario racing a truck at Martinsville in two weeks. This week though, the series returns to a bit of normalcy as the traditional cars head out to Lowes Motor Speedway Saturday night.

2 comments:

Brinton said...

Your line on JV made me legitimately laugh.

Charlie said...

Very funny insight on Jacques. I can't believe that the single file parade will repeat next time around. The drivers aren't that patient.