Friday, December 14, 2007

Roush Releases Danny O'Quinn

Well, I can't say I didn't see this coming...

“We enjoyed having Danny as part of our Roush Fenway Racing team,” said team owner Jack Roush. “He is a very talented driver. We will always consider him part of the family. We wish him well on his future endeavors.”

“I want to thank Jack Roush, and everyone at Roush Fenway Racing for believing in me and giving me an opportunity to show what I could do in 2006,” said O’Quinn. “I wish we could have put a program together this past year, but I am looking forward to the opportunity to continue my career. I hope to find a full-time ride in the Craftsman Truck or Nationwide Series in 2008.”


Yeah, yeah... I find it disappointing they couldn't put Danny in a quality ride. The guy was the ROTY in Busch in 2006, and goes on to what can't even be called part-time effort in the #56 while running 3 races for Roush. The guy is talented, folks. I've been pushing him for months because the actions speak for themselves. He improved every time he got in a car and turned laps on the track. Look at the Bristol truck race this year, he ran in the top 10 the whole freaking race! Here's hoping that Danny finds a ride for 2008 so he can show everyone what he can do. The link to his personal website is here.

1 comment:

vroom said...

Danny O is a horse and he deserves a solid ride!