Sunday, February 17, 2008

My Daytona 500 Prediction

So, once again I'm going to humor myself and pick the winner of the Daytona 500. Do I expect to be right? Well, I hope so. Usually, I'm not. And, I'm OK with that. It allows me to be a sentimental fool in big races. That brings me to my pick for the 50th Daytona 500.


scroll down...




not much longer! (feel the suspense!)





Mark Martin, driver of the #8 Army Chevrolet.

Why Mark? Hell, I don't care about being right. For a race like Daytona, I want someone who has truly earned it and deserved it to cash in. This belief was reinforced after the race last season. I thought last year was Mark's best chance to win... now, given an entire offseason with the DEI bunch, I think this might be his best chance. I never thought I'd be cheering for the #8 to win at Daytona. Today, I am. Go Mark!

1 comment:

Vroom said...

#8...Marky! That my Fish friend would be very groovy!