Saturday, May 24, 2008

The Official Indy 500 Pick

I wanted to get this in the day before the race, so when I'm wrong, I can still say I got a pick in. That said, I'm going with youth and vigor in the first Indy 500 with a legitimate full field in years, and my winning pick and my rookie of the race pick are both coming from historical families... without further adieu, here are my picks:

Winner of the Indy 500: Marco Andretti
Given the above car, what will be the difference in years before and now? The return of Indiana Jones, that's what. Hey, if he can come back to success, so can the Andrettis at Indy, and how's this for coincidence: Indiana Jones at the Indy 500? I'm not betting against it.

Rookie of the race: Graham Rahal

Rahal shocked the field winning at St. Pete, and of the Champ Car guys rookies in the field, I think he'll take to this track and the pressure better than most.

There you have it, be certain to tune in tomorrow afternoon for what could now feasibly be considered again The Greatest Spectacle in Racing.

1 comment:

1940-1941 Buick Shop Manuals said...

that's a cool review about the race car, i might watch some highlights of the race, nice blog keep it up....

1940-1941 Buick Shop Manuals