Monday, May 5, 2008

Vote Patrick Carpentier In The NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race

In what has become a tradition of sorts, it's time again for an All-Star race campaign for a certain lucky driver. It was successful in 2006 with Kyle Petty, who also benefited from corporate backing. Last year didn't turn out as I'd hoped, but I'm doing this again for 2008, and I'm ready to announce the driver I'm endorsing for the Fan Vote.

Drumroll please..... I'm proud to endorse Patrick Carpentier for the All-Star Fan Vote.


So, the question is, why Patrick Carpentier? There are certainly other drivers, but let me convince you why you should be voting for Patrick Carpentier.

To start, I just plain like the guy. He's a blast to watch on and off the track, and he is eager to learn and he wants to be a NASCAR driver. Some guys in this rookie class, I don't know if you can say the same. Carpentier's an accomplished driver without a doubt. He has won in CART and competed in the IRL, A1 Grand Prix, and Grand Am. He even competed in a CASCAR race prior to his decision to enter NASCAR, starting with the Busch race last year at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve. He won the pole and finished 2nd in that race. The next week at Watkins Glen in the #10 Cup car, he led laps in his first race.

Now, fast forward to this season. When he has had the opportunity to time trial his way in to the field, he has done so, and done so impressively. Those that have watched qualifying this year know what I mean. In the Nationwide Series this season, he has competed three times. In those three races, he has finished 8th in Las Vegas, 5th in Mexico City, and 8th at Talladega. That's three top 10s at 3 different tracks for a guy with little stock car experience. Mostly, though, winning the Fan Vote and competing in the All-Star race will solidify his legitimacy in Sprint Cup and let him prove he can run against the best. Of the rookie class this season, I believe he has the most potential of any of them to become a top driver. Don't forget he is Canadian, and can push us toward universal healthcare. Just kidding about that last part.


So, there is my case for Carpentier. I'll be voting daily, and I encourage and hope that you, my beloved readers, will Vote Carpentier '08. Gratuitous links below:

Vote Carpentier!

Carpentier's personal site

(A quick shout out to my buddy Hester for the Vote Carpentier image)

2 comments:

Josly said...

On February 14, 2008, Carpentier attempted to qualify for the 2008 Daytona 500 in the second of two Gatorade 150's. Carpentier ran in the top 10 for most of the day. Late in the race, his right front tire blew, sending him into the backstretch wall. Carpentier was running in third place of the drivers not locked in to the Daytona 500 based on owner points.

3 said...

Pa-treek is certainly fun, on and off the track!