Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Brad Keselowski Wins at Nashville, Solidifies Title Contention

Brad Keselowski solidified his status as an elite Nationwide Series driver this past Saturday night in Nashville, earning his first career win and the first for JR Motorsports' #88 team. In less than one year, Keselowski has gone from low-level, lower series driver to turning heads in a one-race truck deal, to becoming the lead driver of Dale Jr.'s Busch team and title contender. His rise has given hopes to drivers across the country who have learned what it takes to work on their own cars, to have the grease under their nails, and who value their equipment and respect the guys working on their cars. I myself couldn't quite buy him being as good a driver as he has turned out to be. There was just something about him I needed to see and I wasn't, but I see now. I'm feeling like Harry Hodge watching Cole Trickle in Days of Thunder, that boy don't look like a race car driver. But now, I believe it. Brad Keselowski is a driver, and now, he is a winner. Congratulations to him... he has earned every bit.

*Here is a link, courtesy of Nationwide, to Keselowski's post-race interview.*

No comments: