Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Martin Truex Jr. Brings Championship Experience To MWR

I think a lot of fans and media have forgotten that Martin Truex Jr. is a 2-time Nationwide (Busch) Series Champion. Truex racked up wins, top 5's, and points racing experience while driving for DEI in that series. Michael Waltrip and David Reutimann don't have that. Reutimann is gaining it this year for sure, but adding Truex is a major score. I like it a lot.

As for EGR, is Aric Almirola really the best option to put in the #1? Juan Pablo can't compete with EGR as a one-car operation. A quick split of EGR back to DEI and Ganassi wouldn't be a surprise. Ganassi has to be eyeballing Toyota. Or, he could just be waiting for Honda to make a move to Cup when their deal in the IRL is over. Heck, EGR could end up folding into the RCR tent if they can't re-sign their sponsors and cut Casey Mears loose.

Finally, Mikey will be done as a full-time driver after this year. Praise the lord!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was just wondering what kind of playstation 3 system should I get because I am planning getting one for a my best friend this winter.It been awhile for me since I'd played the Sony Playstation gaming system. I want too know which version is best one to get?